Friends of Bedwell Bayfront Park is supported by contributions from individuals who enjoy and value the park and want to ensure its future. If you believe that Bedwell Bayfront Park is worth protecting and enhancing, you can help. You can support our work with a tax-deductible contribution, by mentioning us when you patronize certain local businesses, and by volunteering your time.
How to Donate
You can make a tax-deductible gift to support Bedwell Bayfront Park by making a check out to Acterra/Friends of Bedwell Bayfront Park and mailing it to Friends of Bedwell Bayfront Park, PO Box 943, Menlo Park, CA 94026.
Contributions to Acterra/Friends of Bedwell Bayfront Park are tax-deductible to the full extent provided by the law. Friends of Bedwell Bayfront Park is a fiscally sponsored project of Acterra. Acterra's tax I.D. number is #23-7064937.
The following businesses will donate a percent of your purchase to Friends of Bedwell Bayfront Park:
- Kepler's, Menlo Park, donates a percentage of your purchase if you mention Friends of Bedwell Bayfront Park at the check out counter.
If you have just a little time, either regularly or just once, get in touch with us at email@example.com ; 650-839-1523.
- Keep boxes filled with park pamphlets. If you visit the park 2-3 times a month, this takes just a few minutes.
- Help with Coast Cleanup Day, Saturday Sept 21, 2013
- Help us organize a “clean up station” during the weeks prior to the event. Time: a couple of hours and up, depending on your interest.
- Help staff tables on Sept 21: pass out instructions and bags, weigh incoming trash, provide information. Time: about 3 hours.
- Write a brief description about an aspect of the park for the kiosk notice board. This can be on natural history, views, weather – something that would interest and inform park visitors. Do one piece on something of particular interest to you, or write several. Other volunteers are available to help proofread or edit, if you aren’t yet a Pulitzer-worthy writer
- Show off birds to park visitors. If you can name or provide interesting information about wintering ducks, egrets and coots, and maybe some shorebirds and sparrows, and you enjoy talking to the public, then join another volunteer on one or more dates. Scope and binoculars can be loaned, or use your own. Time: 2 hours on the second Saturday of a month (between Sept and April).
- Spanish speakers – help us write informational pieces, or talk about birds on our bird mornings.
- Follow issues related to Bedwell Bayfront Park at city commissions and in the press. For example, the tree planting plan now in the planning stage.
- Web monitor. Keep an eye on what's happening at the park and collect news and information to add to our website. No web skills required: our webmaster does the tech stuff.
- Projects and events. What would you like to see at the park? Could you help us make it happen?
Contact Chris at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more, or to offer your help.